The curse was invented by Severus Snape during his time as a student at Hogwarts, in retaliation against his enemies. He recorded it in his N.E.W.T. Potions textbook and used it enough to make Remus Lupin recognise it as one of his signature…
19th July, 1976.
When I started, I just assumed I couldn’t be called Benedict Cumberbatch… but then, one day, I told someone in the business what I was really called and they said, “That’s great, that’s something you can use to stand out.”.
The Hulk ain’t never lied.
I can’t even express how much respect I have for Mark Ruffalo. The dude’s on the US terrorism watchlist for fuck’s sake.
Omg, it’s true.
He was put on the terrorist watch list for backing a documentary that shits all over capitalism and corporate greed and is pro environment?? Like this one guy set his fucking WATER on fire - that’s some Jesus stuff but nah son this flammable water is coming out of this guys tap and his family and neighbors drink it and the doccumentary is speaking against fracking but? AND MARK WAS PUT ON THE TERRORIST LIST FOR SUPPORTING THIS DOCUMENTARY I MEAN ‘MURICA tho.
I love Mark Ruffalo. I follow him here guys and he posts some fucking awesome shit. There’s a reason I love Hulk now that he’s played him! I never cared for the character but he just did it good and is just generally a fucking awesome human.
Things that make you a nazi:
- Agreeing with nazi ideologies
- Being a member of a nazi group
Things that do not make you a nazi:
- Being Grant Ward
Things Grant Ward has done:
- been a member of a nazi group since he was a teenager
Things Hydra is not:
- A nazi group
Things Grant Ward never did:
- Join Hydra because he agreed with any of their actual ideologies
Reasons Hydra is totally a Nazi group:
- Their origin story in the MCU is literally being the science and advanced research department of the Third Reich, aka the Nazi government, before Red Skull (loyal member of Hitler’s inner circle) got his face melted and not longer fit the physical ideals the Nazis based their eugenics off of, so he was carted off to run the science division until he became to resentful and decided he’d take over the world on his own
- They were part of Nazi Germany in the comics too, btw
- Red Skull—the leader of Hydra in Cap 1—is clearly portrayed as a Nazi officer
- Armin Zola is mentioned clearly in both Cap movies to be a Nazi scientist
- Their goal is in fact world domination, and for them, step 1 to achieving that goal was the murder of millions of people
- They were going to gun down anyone who they profiled or designated as posing a threat to them
- All that focus on creating superhumans in Agents of SHIELD remind you of anything?
- "Hail Hydra" is purposefully and transparently based on "Hail Hitler"
- The Hydra salute is purposefully and transparently based on the Nazi salute
- Your second point kind of admits you think Hydra’s ideologies make them a Nazi group if you have to specify Grant Ward doesn’t agree with them to make your argument that he’s not a Nazi
- There’s probably plenty more reasons
Reasons it doesn’t matter if Grant Ward agreed with Hydra’s ideologies:
- He knew what their ideologies were and joined anyway
- He personally murder (at least) dozens of people in service of Hydra
- He helped Hydra take over SHIELD, knowing full well that Hydra planned to kill millions of people around the world in just one day, and more later, to ensure their dominance
- Sorry but no personal loyalty or traumatic backstory undoes the fact that he was loyally willing to help his organization murder millions of people
- I’m still gonna say being a member of a Nazi group makes you a Nazi
fucking thank you - and while we’re at it, can people still stop saying “hail hydra” like some kind of joke?
Also important to note that Ward only started feeling dubious about his choices because it meant that Skye wasn’t into him anymore. Not because he thought Hydra/Garrett’s actions were morally reprehensible.
And yeah, Hydra’s a bunch of Nazis. Schmidt broke away from the Third Reich because he felt that Hitler wasn’t effective enough at genocide and world domination. Hydra became its own organization because Nazis weren’t Nazi enough for them.
As excited as I am about the new Captain America being announced, I doubt anyone is as fucking excited as Anthony Mackie potentially is right now. I seriously fucking hope that there is a Captain America movie a few years down the road where we get to see The Falcon become the new Cap.
Marvel is going all out to diversify their Avengers cast, not only bestowing the Thor title on a woman, but also officially giving the role of Captain America to a black man for the first time ever.
These announcements came Wednesday evening on The Colbert Report as a preview of the new stories in the Avengers NOW! initiative. The new series will also give Iron Man a change of direction (and a new suit) and greater visibility to the Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man and Dr. Strange (among others) in preparation for their movie debuts in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
oh my goddd it’s like every avenger fanfic ive ever read
oooh fandom burrrrnnnnn
I Matt Fraction’d the Hawkeye promo picture!