Deathlok was never a villain.
- J. August Richards
I hope things will go back to normal = GW not being the bad guy.
He was never not the bad guy. GW was always evil, from the first time we saw him in Paris in the pilot. He was always evil. He was always working for Nazis. He was always a fucking spy…
The Batman that cares about the inmates is my favorite. He doesn’t put up with their shit, but he does try to reach out here and there and he’s as human as he can be to them.
When Harley was re-institutionalized, he got her that dress she wanted.
In the comics based on B:tAS, there was a time during Christmas that there was snow and it was Mr. Freeze’s fault, and he was making it snow because Christmas was his anniversary with Nora and she LOVED it when it snowed on Christmas, so Batman let him finish mourning before calmly taking him back to Arkham.
He never, ever gives up on Harvey possibly recovering.
Sure, Batman is going to throw punches and do what it takes to take these guys down when they’re hurting or threatening people. And he’s not going be a complete bleeding heart; he has to protect the innocent. He’s going to take them down and take them back to Arkham, but it doesn’t mean he’s incapable of being a bit human to the ones who deserve it.
“A villain is just a victim whose story hasn’t been told.”
Why is this one of the things recommended for me on my dash.
There’s so much wrong with this.
1. The quote is bullshit, and indicative of everything terrible about our society, which constantly puts the pain of the abuser above those they abuse.
2 It also grossly furthers the idea that all victims are potential abusers. Which has real life ramifications, because this is actually something that survivors of child abuse fear and one of the reasons they do not always come forward.
3. Bucky has no goddamn business being in this set. He wasn’t a villain. He actually was a victim.
4. We saw Anakin’s story. We KNOW his story. Cool story, bro, but you still murdered children. You are not now and never shall be a fucking victim, but those babies were, so fuck you and fuck your defenders and especially fuck anyone who would think that you are a goddamn victim.
5. We know Magneto’s story intimately. It has been told often. He was a victim once. And then he decided that Genocide was okay.
6. Fuck Fake White Khan and we do in fact know Real Khan’s story. He did think he was a victim, but no, he was not. He was a complicated and amazing villain that went against the typical type of POC villains that we get - he was brilliant and clever and not just a “thug.” But he was not a victim (no, not even after the neighboring planet went boom.)
7. We know Loki’s story too. It’s one of a whiny spoiled brat who keeps trying to commit genocide.
tldr: Bucky has no business being in this set. The rest of these people are murderous terrible people. They are not victims, though some of them were once.
I waited to reblog this, specifically for someone to express this^^. tumblr delivered.
TL;DR: Sad, blandly attractive white boys are never responsible for anything they do. Also Gollum.
Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors
Sundays at 9 a.m. ET starting August 31
NIGGA WE MADE IT
Miles Morales voiced by Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino
BRUH I JUST RAN AROUND MY HOUSE JUMPING FOR JOY YOU HAVE NO CLUE HOW INCREDIBLY TEAR JERKINGLY HAPPY THIS MAKES ME
Why did they give that anti-Black girl, racist, fetishizing, rape-joking asshole to voice the first Black spiderman?!???
My introduction to Robin Williams as a child I loved that show. R.I.P Mr. Williams you will be missed.
John Keating (played by Robin Williams), Dead Poets Society, 1989.
Vale Robin Williams.
Thank you for my childhood.
R.I.P. Robin McLaurin Williams (1951-2014)
“Comedy is acting out optimism.”